MARKETING YOU!

Welcome back to my blog, we just finished our second and most recent project that we have been working on in PGP, in PLP PGP is our careers class. This project was about preparing us for the future by creating resumes, cover letters and business cards. The driving question was: “How can I effectively market myself to employers?”. You can achieve this by creating compelling media that conveys your values and expertise effectively. Additionally, utilize the available resources to promote yourself in the most advantageous way.

Resume

The first thing we did was the requirement to get employed: A resume. I already has a resume since I just recently applied to Deep Cove Kayak, but I had to still make a more professional and eye catching one. We learned about all the necessary details to include and how to layout a resume. I was going to create two different resumes one with a headshot and one without, I chose to crate my two new professional resumes with the app Canva, I found this app incredibly helpful has it had countless templates for whatever you needed.

Business Cards

Our next assignment was to create 2 business cards. Each would have 2 sides and have a different style visually. I chose to go for a more simplistic modern design in my cards as I felt it shows who you are just from looking at it, professional. Im only going to show you the front of the card as it has some private information.

Cover Letter/Professional Email Template

The third assignment was to create a professional email template. This one wasn’t very interesting as I’ve sent professional emails already throughout the years.

Mock Interviews

For the final part of this project, we were tasked with creating “mock interviews”. These interviews would follow all the rules and principles of an professional interview but we were allowed to add your own twist as long as it didn’t take too much away from the main plot.

Landon my partner and I decided that we would be conducting a interview for an job at a Underground McDonalds (I don’t know where this idea came from). We made sure to film from as many angles as possible to create this cinematic masterpiece. Here is the final version:

Here is my final research document 
I feel it’s important to start thinking about my career soon. This project was very beneficial to my future and really opened up my eyes and what I want to do when I’m older, it prepared me by teaching me how to use and create different resources that can help me with employment. Overall this project was very fun and I’m excited for the next one!