Hi, my name is Erin. Welcome to my blog. Im a grade 11 high school student in Canada. Recently in PLP we did a project about The Cold War. We learned a lot, read graphic novels, and made our graphic novel about the Cold War.

The Coldest City

After learning about what the cold war was, we read a graphic novel. We read “The Coldest City” written by Anthony Johnston, and illustrated by Sam Hart. This graphic novel was amazing. There were so many twists and changes in the characters, you had to read it at least twice to fully understand everything that was happening, and who everyone was. Definitely would recommend reading it. It helped with a lot of information on the Cold War and was a very good graphic novel.

The Coldest Creation

At the beginning of the project we each picked a topic of interest within the Cold War. I chose NATO. This main topic became the main topic for our graphic novels that we would create. My graphic novel is about the creation of NATO and the Cold War. It begins with the Cold War between the Soviet Union and America, and then the creation of NATO. It will be shown through the point of view of Clyde Lawrence. Clyde Lawrence (American) is dealing with a difficult time at work. He worked in the military and was recruited by the government to help make military and tactical decisions dealing with the Cold War against The Soviet Union. Everything is tense. America needs help and defence against the threats The Soviet Union is posing about nuclear weaponry. The idea of creating peace and security between counties starts to become more than just an idea. On April 4, 1949, in Washington DC, the North Atlantic Treaty was signed by the 12 founding members. The creation of NATO. On June 10, 1963, the President of the United States, President John F. Kennedy, gave a peace speech. On December 26, 1991, it was officially declared the end to the Cold War.

The Coldest Creation Graphic Novel