My Final TPOL

It is that time of year again for us to do TPOL’s once again. I dread these meetings I have to stand up in front of my parents and teachers and talk about what I have done this past year, that includes the things that I have done well in and the things that I need to improve. At least I can say this is my last TPOL at the end of grade 12 there is an FPOL which I think is a very fitting name. This TPOL will not be focusing on my outstanding work, it will generally be focusing on the lack of outstanding work as this year has been a bit rough.

I feel as if I have a let down my teachers my parents and myself. This year was most definitely not my year. Everybody who wants me to do better keeps hearing me promise that I will get better, and it never really has. I was told at my last POL that the third term was my last real shot at proving anything, and I more or less blew it. I still think that I can do better and I think I have found how, I just need to prove it.

This past year has been rough. I have faced a lot of adversity and I think that I have powered through it. I believe that I got better throughout the year as I believe my first term took a deep dive into lower quality. The second term I put more work in but it still wasn’t enough. I think that My second term was better than my first, as I do believe that my work was improved. I knew that I didn’t have a second chance and I knew that this last term really mattered but I still couldn’t really pull it all together. Looking back on it it was a train wreck. Over these past couple weeks while I have been fighting to catch up I have realized what I have to do to be more efficient. I now know that I have to hand things in and revise after. That way at least I have something done opposed to redoing the same assignment and making it look like I have nothing. 

One thing that I believe I need to focus on is: Am I ready for PLP next year?Personally I think I am very ready even though it is hard to trust me after this last year of broken promises of me improving. I think that I can improve on everything that I have done. I know what I have to do, and I know what I have to stop doing. This is a turning point in my life and I know that grade 12 is going to be a great year for me, and that is including my grades and who I am as a person.

Even though this year was rough doesn’t mean I didn’t succeed at all. The first example of that is the Manhattan project that I did at the beginning of the year. I think that was one of the best projects that I have ever done as my groups video turned out very well. One of the best projects that I did all year was my final project that I did for the year end exhibition. I think that is one of the best projects that I have shown at an Exhibition in all of the years that I have been in PLP. With all of my ups and downs this past year, I am happy as it is over as I think I need to reset before next year.