How I Love to Hate Politics

I am sure that most people out their feel very similar to the way I do about politics. It has very interesting pieces of it from debates and peoples point of views all the way to the economic side of things. Over the past few years the United States politics has been constantly on the news because of our tiny handed orange friend. Anyways he is not the star of this post, this post is about political ideologies in general. This unit we focused on what are the different sides to politics, what we believe in and where we stand on the political spectrum.

Most people are probably confused by this political spectrum, as when I entered this unit I thought it only had an x-axis, but adding a y-axis makes a lot of sense. You have your views on rights and things like that as well as the economic side of things. Our teachers decided to actually give us written tests for the first time in a long time. We were given the same short quiz pretty much every time until we all had good enough marks. The quizzes were easy for me to understand as I had taken economics the year before which prepared me very well. We also ended up taking another test, not for marks one that told us where we stood on the political spectrum. I ended up landing a little bit below the x axis and slightly right on the economic side of things. I wasn’t surprised as I new that I was more libertarian and I definitely believe in a mostly free market economy. I personally am a capitalist and when I say that people jump to the conclusion that I am hard core right wing, which is far from the truth.

I ADVISE NOT TO WATCH IF EASILY UPSET BY TV SHOWS SIMILAR TO FAMILY GUY

I believe the reason why somebody would jump to that conclusion is because of the United States. Like I have said their politics have been showcased for quite some time now and their style of democracy has made people think differently about the spectrum. I do not like their two party system because it has caused the country to be split ideologically in half. This has made people believe their is either on or the other, if you are a democrat some people will think you are a full blow communist. If you are slightly a republican, people will call you a fascist. Funny thing is that those two political ideologies are closer together than you might think.

Their are two great examples of communism and fascism and both of them were existing during WWII. Joseph Stalin is the first person I think of when somebody mentions communism. He felt very strongly about spreading communism across the world. I am sure you know that the Fascist leader I am referring to is the one, the only Adolf Hitler. Everybody knows that this psycho also wanted to take over the world and luckily he was stopped. However if you look at the political pieces of both of their governments, they were very similar. The leader decided what was going to happen with no ifs, ands, or buts. As well as many authoritarian ideas, the main difference is just where they stood economically. Hitler was more right wing where as Stalin was more left wing.

There are several versions of how the the political spectrum can look, some people believe that is just an x-axis other people think it has an x and a y-axis, there is also weird one that is in the shape of a horseshoe that oddly makes a lot of sense, and supports my opinion on fascism and communism.

I decided that I should make my own now because I feel that this will be the most accurate for me.

I believe that it is more of an oval just because you can transition from communism to fascism easily or you can become more socialist, from either of those you can transition to capitalism, and so on and so forth.