TPOL

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Over the course of this year, we’ve had many projects in PLP ranging from reading Romeo and Juliet to making our own 5 episode podcast series. In every single one of these projects, we can see a piece of work that needs improvement, one that was awesome, and ones where we can grow on. All of these are fine as we can see our strengths and weaknesses and see what we can do to improve for the future. 

Starting with the projects which I was quite proud of. The podcast for both humanities and maker that I produced and created were some of my best work. I was able to create an informative, interesting, world war 2 podcast and a 5 episode series which was unique and enjoyable for me to create. I was happy with my work and the mark that I got for both of them. I felt these 2 projects showed my success in both creative thinking and showed the growth that I wanted when I made my learning plan. Also my cover art  for our class wide humanities podcast won in voting so just a quick brag. 

Moving on to my weaker projects, but ones that I can definitely grow on. I think that Destination Imagination was a weak point for me as our category did not take as much prep as the other groups. There were very few things that we needed to get done but we could have been practicing or doing more studying. I felt we could have had a better performance if we had prepared a little bit better even if it was mandatory. I thought although this project could have had more effort, it did improve both our collaborative and communication skills as we had to have efficient discussions and collaborate before each practice session and the event itself. 

And then the project which I think I showed growth is our Shore to the Core project where we were assigned to make a zine for MONOVA. Although I got robbed of my first ideas and was not too happy with my event or location, I was happy with the way I adjusted my thinking. I was able to ask for an adjustment to the time we were researching, and in turn, was able to provide valuable and proficient info for my zine. I thought this demonstrated growth in a mix of critical and creative thinking as I was able to find solutions to my problem at hand. 

Overall, throughout this presentation I hope that I have given evidence that I have thought critically about the work I created and what I should continue or adjust doing throughout my high school years and even into the post-secondary world. I believe that PLP has prepared me well with their many ways that made me reflect on different things that would help me in the future.  I am ready for the next grade level as I have gained more knowledge academically, and mentally on the ways I can grow as a learner and be successful.