The live event project was actually pretty fun. Guitar practice is something that I find fun and it helps me progress forward as a guitar player and a singer. When making the video I was also very hesitant to include my singing because I get very nervous around singing for people.

Now I will be talking and describing about how I used these three competencies while making this live event video.

Empowered Learner and Creative Communicator:

Being an “empowered learner” is a competency that has been asked for a lot over my previous projects. For that reason it has been getting a lot easier to assess and use it. With the live event video, I feel that I used this competency very well. When it came to filming, all that I had to take into account was the view of the camera, and the sound quality. Those two came out fine in the end, so then I moved on to editing. I had 40 minutes of raw footage in my camera, so I had my work set.

The next part of the story goes into creative communicator.

When editing I tried to keep a view in mind. That view was to show people what it takes to learn guitar. Because I had this view in mind, you will see that I included my failed attempts. I kept this in because I want people to know that you will fail when trying something new. After telling that story through my editing, I had some fun with the editing. I added nice music, I sped up clips that were important enough to keep but not important enough to watch all of, and what came out makes me really happy.

Launch Design Thinking Competency: Navigate Ideas

This is a new competency that we haven’t done before. But, some of the points that are in this competency are similar to things that our teachers tell us to do. I don’t really know if I personally took that many creative risks while making this video. I did however screen different ideas to see which live event would be the best to get on camera. I ended up choosing between rowing practice, and guitar practice. After choosing guitar practice, I assessed what I would need for filming.