Spring Exhibition Reflection

In PLP we have two large presentations or exhibitions of our work per year, one in the early winter and one in early summer. We have now completed our second exhibition, the summer one. The main topic in our Maker class last term was, Blue Sky. For Blue Sky we were given time to create a project of our own. This project needed to be centered on a problem, answer a driving question, and contain a challenge. Other than that, it was up to us.

There were six parts to this project, Look, listen & learn, Ask tons of questions, Understand the problem, Navigate ideas, Create (a prototype), Highlight and fix. We had to do different Steps for each phase, they are all shown in a keynote here:

For the spring exhibition we were assigned groups with people wit similar projects. My group was the unique sports group and consisted of; Jude, Emily, two grade nine’s (they were doing this project with us) Fraser, and Nik. Once we met up as a group fort the first time and explained what our projects were, we then had to make a poster/sign for our group’s area.

My Blue Sky project was to make a quiver that could mount on both front and back. When I go to an archery range, I am not allowed to ware a quiver on my back, because if draw an arrow you run the fish of poking or walking someone in the face with the point, hence the rule is you can only ware a quiver on your hip. I find hip quivers extremely uncomfortable if you are doing anything other that shooting from one place, I prefer to use a back quiver for walking, because it and the arrows don’t move around as much as a hip quiver would.

photo more me doing archery:

Some of my favourite moments of the entire project was the fact that everyone was always happy to teach someone else about their project and also was intrigued about other people’s project as well.

I enjoyed and learnt a lot from my second PLP exhibition and the projects leading up to it.

-Finn