RUN Reflection

Maker… the class where we learn iPad specific skills, and now apparently make a lot of videos. The video we just finished was a recreation of a short horror film RUN, we had to have the video that we produced as close to the original as possible, video length, shot angle, everything. We also had to create everything ourselves, soundtrack, filming locations, and more. The driving question for this project was; What technologies, tools, and strategies can we utilize to create short films? 

The first milestone for this project was to do a personality test, screenshot the results, and write down two strengths and two weakness that the website said your personality type has. Then we had to hand in the document we created to Showbie, our submission app. I decided to do the test twice because the fist time I did it the result didn’t seem one-hundred percent spot on, the second time I did the test I ended up with a different answer, I personally feel like I am am a combination of the two.

I would encourage you to take the test as well, link is here. It is not necessary to put your email address in, you will only get emails from the company if you do and it will not affect your final result or the information given.

Milestone two was to first watch the video that we would be recreating, RUN.

We then had to create a screen lay of the video.

A screenplay essentially explains what is going during a move/video. A screenplay includes the script, locations, background audio/music, actions, shots, and angles.

For the third milestone we had to create a storyboard. A storyboard is where the actors are animated or drawn to show movement, angles and location are also shown. Our story board was made using the app Keynote. Here’s my group’s storyboard.

Milestone four was to create a call sheet. Call sheets have all the information that you could possible need for filming; weather, closest hospital, location, actor availably, filming schedule, prop list, and more.

My group; Brenton, Alex, and Myself then had to film and edit our video. Here is draft one.

For milestone five we had to show our video to another group to receive critique. this is a screenshot of the critique we received.

We then decided to re-film the entire video in a different location. we also added and improved our background audio.

Overall I enjoyed this project because at the start we did a personality test which will be useful in the future, an we were able to go out on our own, as a group and find a location of our choice to film.

-Finn