💭 tPOL 2022

Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?

tPOL Declaration
“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

My Goals and Progress

Personal and Social 

• Setting high standards for myself

“Bad” example: 

Scimatics Time Is Money video

• sacrificing time and health for product, unsatisfying, feeling bad about it, work ethic being toxic, striving to improve

“Good” example:

Maker First Film Documentary

• setting high standards pushed me to put effort into something, made me proud of my work, enhanced my strengths, new techniques (camera depth)
  • 7 Habits Personal Mission Statement: I will create inspirational acclaimed documentaries about nature and Indigenous Culture

• Documentary shared on Change.org email thread about north shore tree protection

Thinking

• Communicating learning through visual representation

“Good” example:

Humanities War to End all Wars

• step out of your comfort zone through drawing and making a comic book, learned through research, adapting to new concepts

Communication

• Communicate effectively within group settings to organize collective responsibility for our work

“Good” example:

Maker Destination Imagination

• listen to other’s ideas, find strengths within team members and assign tasks accordingly, understand perspective
  • Sacrifices, setting goals, understanding values (NVRC)

• Expand on how accomplishing each goal will help me in the future
    • Setting high standards for myself

• C: challenging when group members are not interested in learning and not only do not contribute to the group, but disrupt intentionally (support for gaining skills to deal with this appreciated)
    • T: Hatian revolution, brackets + goldrush map (from discontinued project)
    • PS: still hard to spend less time on school work, how do I complete a project that I don’t feel proud of? What strategies can I apply to solve this?
  • What I am excited for next year
  • Ready for Grade 10! 😁

Thank You!