For this project, I filmed a live event. I went to my Seycove grade 9 basketball practice and filmed our practice. We mostly worked on 1v1 drills and played a little bit of a scrimmage at the end. 

One of the competencies for this project was being an Empowered Learner. I leveraged technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in a learning goal. Using technology such as my Ipad, I was able to achieve and demonstrate my learning goal which in this case is making the live event video.

the next competency was being a creative communicator. I communicated clearly and expressed myself creatively for a variety of purposes using tools, styles etc. When filming, I communicated with Ben. We were both trying to get different shots of us during the practice. We talked and set up our Ipads so they weren’t in the way of each other. We also got each other some shots while the other one was playing. I propped my Ipad on a chair so I could get the court and the huddle in a good ratio together.

The third competency was Navigating Ideas.

I took creative risks in generating potential ideas and added to other ideas. To be honest, there weren’t many creative risks I took when filming. This was partly because I was one of the only people doing the project, and because I just needed to film practice. In other videos I made I did take creative risks. Check the post out!: http://www.blog44.ca/gabriela/2019/11/20/quantum-computers/

I screened ideas against criteria and constraints and chose a form of prototyping. While planning what to film, when, where, and how, I literally split screened my plan and the criteria. This way I was able to make sure I had the slow-motion or the time-lapse. Or even the interview. This helped with my organization because it allowed me to make a more detailed plan of what I’m going to film, when and where. 

I also identified and used appropriate tools, technologies, materials, and processes for production. As I said earlier, I used some physical tools to help me film. I used the top stands of the bleachers, a chair, and my Ipad stand. I also used technology. I used features on the camera app on the Ipad to help me get better quality videos. I used the focus, slow motion and more.

All in all, I used a variety of tools and technology to help me make this video. I communicated with my coach, and my interviewee so I could be as efficient and prepared as possible. All these factors came together to help me make an amazing video.

See you in the next post