As you already know, We are learning about Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet play in class. An interesting topic I found was that some scenes or even acts could be missing. This is because when Shakespeare was dead, a few of his friends picked up his play book and conserved them. That is how we have his plays today. There are a few theories that some scenes or acts could be missing and in this post I will be exploring that.

So, after extensive research, I have found only one scene that “is missing.” This scene is from Act 6. The scene mentions Lady Capulet, Lord Montague, Lord Capulet, and the Prince all conversing about Romeo and Juliets passing and how they only had met each other for 3 days. The scene ends with a quote from William Shakespeare almost as a sort of Epi-louge or continuation speech. I have linked the website I found this HERE.

As the reader, I would like you to keep in mind a few things. There is no way of proving wether this information is legit or not. It could very well be made up. Also, there is no act 6 in R&J so either this scene was the only scene in Act 6 or there are more missing scenes.

I wonder if there are truly any more missing scenes. But, we will never actually know because if there were any other ones we would know about them. Not to mention they are over 400 years old.

With that mentioned I will leave you with it and I will see you next time.

Thank you!