Destination Imagination

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog post about one of our more recent projects, Destination Imagination! (Or DI for short) now this project was pretty interesting, so let me tell you about it!

Okay, so to begin this interesting journey, we got to choose between four different DI topics, I got fine arts! In the fine arts group, we were given the task to create a music video based off a piece of literature! Now in the beginning I was excited for this, but I quickly learned that this would be more difficult than I thought it would be. 

We were put into groups, my group members consisted of Julia, Landon, Cole, Sara, Ben, and Dana. 

Along with coming up with a music video based off a piece of literature, we also had ‘Instant challenges’ where we would have around three minutes to use whatever materials our teachers gave us to create something within a strict criteria given to us by the teachers. 

Back to our music video. After a lot of consideration, our group decided on doing the book ‘the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe’, and naming our group the narnians, but after a turn of events, we ended up using the book ‘Alice in Wonderland’ (Personally, I like ‘Alice in Wonderland’ a lot more than ’The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe’ but the name and the story were very confusing considering they are two different stories, but oh well) 

After we made our final decisions, we got to work. First, we decided on characters, I was the chesire cat! With Julia as Alice, Cole as the white rabbit, Sara as the tea party rabbit, Landon as a talking flower and Dana as a waiter, we were ready to work on scripts. 

Sara wrote the lyrics, and I wrote the script. Landon and Cole were in charge of music, Julia and Dana came up with a lot of major ideas and Ben had costume ideas.

While working on our movie creation, we also had to work within a budget for costumes and materials. So we decided to make our main focus costume Alice’s costume, putting the most money and effort into her costume.

Now I bet you want to go to see the lyrics, huh? Well, wait no longer!

Alice:.

What’s that I hear,

Singing in my ear,

Open the gate,

Sit in the chair

Steam rising up,

teapots to the air

A birthday song,

A party of two,

They sit and sing,

Like two chums would do…

(The birthday song thingy)

Alice:

Do they know

I’m in this chair

They can’t see

My bright blonde hair?

Bunny, talking: oh yes we do

And I would love 

To have a cup

And I feel

My heart fill up

With longing

To make myself clear

And shout

To say I’m here

Cheshire Cat: yes you are

(Birthday sing thingy)

I’d love have a

Friendship like that

A strange pairing

Rabbit and man with a hat

But nevertheless 

They seem to be

The best of friends

Would they like me?

*Talking piece*

Bunny: Tea for you, tea for me, 

Herbal, green and raspberry! 

Drinking tea is just sublime

Good for any mealtime!

*More talking*

Alice: But before I go on

I should know the way

So im not just gone

To wander all day

So can have a map?

Just to know

Where to go ?

*draws map*

Thank you!

I bet you’d also like to see our video, well, here you go: click this link!

Now, DI wasn’t all I IMAGINED (haha, destination imagination pun…) it to be, but it was still enjoyable. So if you enjoy a good team challenge, I’d suggest it to you!

That’s the end of my blog post! Thank you so much for reading, have a lovely day!