Chemistry Coding

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog post, in this blog post I will explain my newest scimatics project! Chemistry coding! In this project, we were told to create a game or simulator that represents the different states of matter and how the atoms and molecules react to them. As always, here’s the driving question! How can the behaviour of matter be explained by the kinetic molecular theory and atomic theory  first off, we started with a project mind map and some warm up worksheets to show us the basics, then we got to work.      Here’s my project mind map! We are working with this online site called ‘scratch’ which is coding website, we followed many different videos to gain the knowledge we needed to create our simulator or game. Personally, I watched a ping pong tutorial on how to code a ping pong game, because it had a similar coding to what I would need to code for my atoms and molecules.   We were introduced to different controls that would help our coding, along with how to properly  code. The first diagram is of my original coded game, ping pong, I did this so I would have a better understanding of how to code the next step, my simulation. As you can see, they are both fairly similar in their coding.   Here are the curricular competencies Questioning and predicting: questioning and predicting were done in the beginning stage when we made a mind map! we were told to write down things we already knew along with things we would like to know/ learn throughout the project. Scientific communication: scientific communication was used when working with someone else and creating in scratch on the days we were allowed to work in partners. The communication helped people have more knowledge and inspiration for what to do with their final project. Reasoning and analyzing: this skill was shown when the final scratch simulation was created, to show a good understanding of the project, reasoning with the wins and failures of our first attempts to make a greater final result.   thank you for reading!!