Ultimate Design Challenge

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog post, today I’m going to talk a little bit about the most recent PLP project I have done! In this project we were told to make 3D shapes in this online called tinkercad! Our purpose of this project was to a 3D object that we would eventually end up 3D print

Time for core competencies!

Applying and innovating: Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through personal or collaborative approaches.

I believe i contributed quite a lot during this project, though this was a group project, we all did different shapes I helped quite a bit with the first one. I applied a lot of the math we learned while doing this project to help me along the way.

Reasoning and Analyzing: Model mathematics in contextualized experiences

I used reasoning when I was making my shape, I wanted to make it something easy to measure but interesting to look at, so I decided on squares and pyramids! It turned out to be fairly easy to measure but still looked pretty neat.

Communicating and Representing: Explain and justify mathematical ideas and decisions

I decided to make a square and pyramid shape so it was easy to measure but kind of cool looking and as I explained previously, it worked. The math was quite simple once I realized how to do it, so that was good.

Now I’m sure you guys want to see my shape, well, here it is: 

Here it is! The ratio of my shape is 106.56:1 

The volume is 1566mm3

The SA is 166,881mm2

our goal was to make something with maximum SA! So that’s what we did!

Thank you for reading!