This is my Frankenstuffie creative story. I wrote it about my Frankenstuffie creation; The Dottabear. It’s a mixture of a cat, a dog, and a bear. And I actually got the first idea for the Dottabear, from my cat. Then the idea just grew on from there. Click down below to see how I partially created the Dottabear:

trim.55A4C4FE-94C6-4617-9271-A8A939EF3EB9

And here is my Dottabear story:

Gabi Rossignol
The Curious Tale of the Dottabear

If you don’t especially enjoy reading about the following– an troubled scientist, a fist fight with experimental chemicals, and a start to a new life– then I suggest that you don’t continue. But if you do, than this is the story of how a strange creature was created; the tale of the Dottabear..
On a spring afternoon, a large mansion stood in the small town of Collinsville. It belonged to a Dr Lance Labyrinth but this doctor wasn’t some surgeon, he was a genius scientist, or so he thought. In the town of Collinsville, Dr Labyrinth was infamous for his genetically modified animals. Almost all of his experiments ended in failure, but Lance would never give up on his explorations of science. He was fascinated by the joining of different animal’s DNA, or how animals could be improved with just a new attachment for a DNA strand.
This particular day had been more tough on Dr Labyrinth than usual – a large and furious mob had crashed his door down and attacked his laboratory, because his old creation, a cross between a shark and a horse, had gone terribly and all of the town’s people were terrified of it. So they would take it all out on poor Dr Labyrinth, the same goes with his previous lab experiments. But when the doctor came into his lab, he was shocked to see tables overturned, liquids spread over everything, and small fires erupting in some places, due to upturned candles. The doctor could not take stress well and felt anger bubbling inside him. He suddenly yelled.
“Stupid lab, stupid chemicals, stupid brain!” He bellowed and knocked over a metal pole, also bringing down a box of syringes and plants.
“Why must everything end badly for me?” The doctor yelled to no one in particular. He pulled his bleeding knuckles back for another punch at some chemicals. At the last second he came to his senses and drew his hand away to his side.
“I, Doctor Lance Labyrinth, do not give up! I am the greatest scientist of all and now I will create a glorious animal, that will blow minds!” He turned on his heel and began to design his “amazing” animal.
He started with the body and back legs of a cat, for stealth and quickness. Then the front arms of a monkey, for good climbing skills and grabbing food. Next was the head of a dog, for the sensitive hearing skills. For the nose and mouth, the doctor chose a bear, because the large teeth and mouth were good for chomping and because of the sensitive nose. For the finishing touch he added a large pink dot for character.
“I have created my masterpiece, The Dottabear!” Dr Labyrinth belted out. By now the scientist could hardly keep his eyes open so he left the creature on the experiment table and went to bed, after many sleepless hours.

**********************

The next morning, the doctor made his coffee, as always, and began to read the morning’s paper. He took a large sip and immediately spat it out, for he had just remembered about the last night’s events and his new creation. He abruptly stood up and speed towards his lab. When he got there, the creature had vanished from the cold, experimental table, but left a trail of white cat fur in it’s tracks. Dr Labyrinth followed the fur to the plant experiment part of his laboratory, spotting the Dottabear grabbing huge leaves from one of the banana trees.
He gently stepped closer to the Dottabear, and crouched down slowly, as of not to disturb it. The creature sniffed the air and turned to face Dr Labyrinth. It ambled lazily over to the doctor and nuzzled him with it’s damp, bear nose, while Dr Labyrinth sighed with prosperity.
“I’m glad at least you like me, young Dottabear,” He mumbled sadly. But after Dr Labyrinth introduced the Dottabear to the rest of the town of Collinsville, the creature wasn’t the only one that liked him. The whole town welcomed the new animal into the forests; but most importantly, they were also welcoming to Dr Labyrinth.