Poetry.
What some might consider a boring unit in English class, I believed the same, until I actually dove deep into it. A while ago, in class, when we were told we would be performing a “reader’s theatre” in front of the whole class, I was so excited. Within my group we came up with the main theme of death, and found multiple poems that we would recite.

My two were “If I Should Die” by Emily Dickinson , and “Death Is Nothing At All” by Henry Scott-Holland. While preparing for the presentation, I really worked on memorization, so that I could also focus on portraying characters who were grieving or buried with sorrow.

As a group we came together to create a Keynote to go along with our performance. Here are my two slides:

image image
On the day, my group and I did an awesome job, from setting up the scene, to getting all the words right. I was very happy with my performance and I managed to stay in character, which was one of my main goals.

image

Overall, I really had fun with this project, and I loved how even though it had boundaries, we could choose a theme that gave a message and emotion across to our listeners.

And so, in the end, most might think of poetry, and categorize it among rainy days, and throwing up. But now, when I hear the word, I think of it to be a misunderstood, and enticing topic