The Tea Shop

“Come on Myra” yelled Kyle “we need to get to the shop before a huge line forms.”

“Fine” I yelled back “but we could have just waited until tomorrow to go so we don’t have to wait in a line at all.”

“No, by then all the good tea will be gone and we’ll be stuck drinking English Breakfast.” Kyle says with a shiver. “I hate English Breakfast.”

“Ok, but it’’s not my fault if we have to wait for an hour just for a cup of tea.”

Right now your probably wondering what’s going on, well I’ll tell you. My name’s Myra Flores I’m 14 years old and go to St. Bernard Secondary School, my best friend is Kyle Foster, he’s my age but he’s already doing classes meant for grade 11’s. We met in Fifth grade when we were both put into the same trashy acting camp, we had spent the whole camp talking about school, friends, home life, it turns out we have a lot in common. After the camp we vowed to keep in touch, that never actually happened, but as some crazy coincidence we both ended up going to the same high school, we’ve been best friends ever since. 

Fast Forward a couple years and you get me fantasizing over new games that are coming out soon and Kyle fantasizing over tea. Kyle loves tea by the way especially from this locally owned tea shop on Robison street called The Orangery Tearoom. They have the best tea in the county but they only have Kyle’s favourite tea flavour in Winter, Sugar Plum Fairy. However, that flavour is very popular meaning they sell out really quickly, which brings us back here to Kyle and I racing out the door and down the street to get to the tea shop before opening. Luckily, there was only a couple people waiting outside for the shop to open but soon a huge line started to form behind us.

“Told you it was a good idea to come early.” Kyle says to me in the sassiest voice I’ve ever heard.

“Yeah, good job,” I reply “do you want me to give you your medal for being correct now or would you like to wait until we actually get the tea first?”

“Ha ha, very funny but if it wasn’t for you we would have been the first people here instead of the third.” I roll my eyes but say nothing else, Kyle can get obnoxious when it comes to him proving me wrong.

It finally turns eleven o’clock and the tea shop opens, it takes a couple minutes but we finally get to the front of the line we order our tea then find a seat at the back of the shop. It’s a cute little corner with two little chairs facing each other and a coffee table in the middle to place your tea and biscuits on. Kyle and I chat for a little bit about school and other stuff while we wait for the tea, when it finally comes he forgets all about our conversation and starts to dig into the tea and biscuits. I start my tea, though I’m not as passionate about the tea as Kyle I still enjoy it. I finish my tea pretty fast but when I look into my cup while getting some more tea I see three words etched into the bottom “You’ve been Poisoned”. My throat starts to burn, it feels like someone poured gasoline down my throat then set it on fire, I can barely breathe and start to cough violently. I look up to see Kyle staring at me, smiling.

“Did you actually believe that someone could even remotely like you Myra?” He asks “Ever since we first met I’ve detested you, loathed you, I’ve been plotting your death for years now. Did you think that it was just some coincidence that we ended up at the same high school? No, I planned everything to the tiniest of detail, I watched you, studied you, learned your habits so when it came time, I could kill you. Now here we are, almost at the end of the story, and do you want to know how that story ends, Myra? Spoiler Alert: it ends with you dying, enjoy the rest of eternity in hell, Myra.” With that Kyle stand up and walks away I hear him call 911, then everything goes black.

5 Replies to “The Tea Shop”

1. Wow that’s very powerful!! I hope you’ll continue with this story or do some more writing posts!!

2. Hi Grace,

The ending was a total surprise. How could Kyle do something so bad? But, I really loved the way you write. You write it in such a way that in a corner of my mind’s eye, I can see Kyle and Myra in the corner of the tea shop with Myra struggling.

It’s a wonderful story and I hope you will continue writing.

Regards,
    Rajyashori
    http://rajyashoril.edublogs.org

1. Hi Rjashori, I’m glad you like the ending. I actually had the ending planned out before I even started writing. In my personal view Kyle was able to do the deed because he is a psycho that really hated Myra.
      Sincerely,
      Grace

3. Hi Grace,
    I really enjoyed reading this story. It was very captivating and the twist at the end caught me off guard. I hope you continue to write posts because they are very fun to read.
    Have a great day,
    ~Chloe
    You can visit my blog at http://25chloeb.edublogs.org

1. Hi Chloe, glad you liked the story I was hoping to surprise people with the ending and it seems that I did a good job. Do you write? If you do what type of stories do you like to write? I’m very interested in darker stories with lots of twists and turns.
      Sincerely,
      Grace