Picture Project

Hey guys, this week in class Mrs.Willemse taught us about photography. We were given a book by apple called Everyone Can Create: Photos, it is a book made to teach you how to make great photos using the iPad by giving you little projects to do on the iPad.

Our first activity was to find something we see everyday and photograph it, I chose to use my keys as the subject of the picture. We had to find a neutral background so the subject would pop out of the picture, we also had to play with the lighting and try different angles to change the feeling of the photo. What I learned from this activity is the importance of light and angles, just a change of lighting can affect the whole picture and a different angle can change the whole feeling and message of the picture.

The second activity was to go on a themed photo walk, a themed photo walk is when you walk around a certain area and take pictures of stuff that works with your theme. My theme was textures, so on the way home from school I looked around me and found beautiful textures on things that I see everyday. Afterwards we had to add all the pictures into a separate album so we could find the pictures easier later. What I learned from this activity was how much beauty we take for granted and we should take the time to capture it. 

The third activity was pretty easy we had to tweak and edit one of our objects photos. I chose my nicest photo that I took of my key and I cropped it, added a filter, and played with the light. The end product had a much different feel to it then the original. What I learned from this activity was the importance of editing a photo, you could make the photo look even better than it was before and much like the first two activities it can change the feeling of the photo.

For the final activity I had to create a personified photo which is basically taking a picture of a inanimate object and giving it thoughts. For my picture I took a photo of a piano then I edited it  and finally drew a face on it, put it in the spotlight, and made it look like it’s singing. What I learned from this activity was that if you photograph it in a certain way anything can be alive.

These activities have shown what you can do with a picture if you take the time to change it, I learned that you can completely change a photo with one little tweak, and that anyone can be an amazing photographer if they try.