CODING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, this week the Student Blogging Challenge was all coding. I consider myself to be pretty good at coding, I sped through all of the coding activities we did in elementary school and I code on Swift Playground for fun. However, imagine having to use all these complex lines of code while being blind, not very fun right, well 17 year old Alex does just that. He lost his eyesight in grade 9 but still managed to get a job at Incsub when he was only 16 years old! He works to ensure that all the severs stay online, he also helped building the parts of the servers that move networks of websites to their severs. If you haven’t already guessed, everything Alex does has to do with very advanced coding. I decided to leave a comment on the week 9 post for Alex, asking about what it’s like to live with no eyesight.

After I wrote Alex a comment I decided to try some coding for myself. I found a website called Hour of Code that has a bunch of programs from a bunch of different websites and categorizes them from easiest to hardest. I chose the coding activity that promised that it would teach me how to make a game. They give you a video tutorial before each step so you know what to do.

The videos would have been really helpful if they didn’t tell you exactly what to do for each little step.

Besides that, the coding was fun an dI learned about a bunch of different coding functions. My game turned out pretty good and they let me do some personal on the game after too. If you were wondering here is the finished code of my game.

I also decided to try some coding on my blog, if you saw my commenting post you’ll know I’ve used HTML codes before. However, I never told you the codes if you wanted to use them yourself. If your want to change your text to bold all you have to type in is: <b>text</b>, to change it to italic it’s basically the same code but you change out the b with a i. However, the code for links is a little different, <a href=“url”>word that links to it</a>, a word of advice: you must write this code in the text field instead of the visual field.