Time To Learn About PGP!

Hi guys, you may not know this but for the last year my class has been taking part in a course called Personal Growth Plan, or PGP. For those of you who don’t know what that means, it’s basically a course that’s teaches you different strategies to succeed at school. Since we’re almost at the end of the year its time to reflect on what we did.

First we started off talking about something called an academic performance plan which was a sheet that we had to fill out to show our teachers what we wanted to achieve in school this year and how we would achieve it. To do so we had to learn about things called ISTE standards which are standards on how we use technology for education. I found these standards interesting and have tried my hardest to follow them because they are different from what you usually hear. 

“Technology is taking over your brain!!!”

“The internet is cruel so you shouldn’t go on it unless it’s absolutely necessary”

And other things like that instead the ISTE standards encouraged you to act correctly while using technology, which was very refreshing.

Soon we started our next unit of PGP which consisted of us reading a book and completing activities. However this book was not your everyday book, it was about goal setting and productivity. It taught me many things like the importance of setting goal for yourself so you keep track of how you’re doing. I fell behind on goal setting for a bit and I ended up not completing a lot of homework. I’ve learned that sometimes you need to come up with a different way of doing something so it works for you.

Infographic For Business And Education Illustrates 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People As A Tree Meant For Success, Goal Attainment, Ethical Character, Paradigm Shift, And Self Improvement.

Our last big part of PGP was the 7 Habits, this was exactly what the name meant: 7 habits that would help you get ahead. They all corresponded with each other and if you didn’t do one the rest would fail. These habits were the most effective parts of PGP for me because they were easy little habits that you could develop and they would help you in your everyday life.

For the end of the year we were given a project called time machine. Basically we had to create anything we wanted that would show how PGP helped us this year. It had to show the three main areas: goal setting, productivity, and the seven habits. I decided to create a podcast that revolved around Habit 3: Put First Things First, and have goal setting and productivity as supporting points. Ironically, I procrastinated really bad on this project, I left it to the last minute. This was my undoing and I was left panicking and hoping that I could get it done on time. Luckily I was at least somewhat organized because I had already written a script for the podcast and all I had to do was record it. Hopefully next year I will take what I learned this and apply it so I can do the best I can.