The Un-4-gettables!

Hello! And welcome to another blog post of mine. In this one I’m gonna be telling you about my second destination imagination project!!! 

Now this one was a lot different from last years because we perform in person this year, which was a more nerve racking but I had I lot of fun doing it so let me tell you about it. From our choices of projects this year I choose to do Festival Frenzy and for this project the performance we had to do was going to be completely improvised which means that we had to Practice a lot on our improve skills before.

How our project went was that on the day of the performance we would be given a random festival (from a selection of ones that we had researched before hand), an objective for us to accomplish in our skit and we would have ten box’s to use as props. Half way through our skit we would have an intermission where we would be given a fork in the road which means we would be given a choice of two ways our story could go, we would pick the one that goes best with what we had come up with so far and add it into the last part of our show. Our skit had to have a beginning, middle and ending. 

Now the only way we could prepare for this was to research the different festivals from around the world that were given to us like the Cheese Rolling festival and the Chinese lantern festival and play different improv games like freeze. Working with my group was for the most part fun. The times when we really worked well  together and listen to each others ideas were really great.

Doing it in person this year was scarier then last year but once we were doing our skit it was really fun and I think we did pretty good which was I nice feeling after being really worried about performing hours before. This years DI was really fun for me and I wonder what next years DI challenge will hold. 

See you next time.

Check out my groups blog!:

http://www.blog44.ca/coled/

http://www.blog44.ca/xanderg/