About me!

Hi I’m Hannah Bontinen and welcome to my blog. This blog is to show my learning and development starting this year! I joined the PLP program this year because I felt like I couldn’t possibly meet my fullest potential when all day I would be sitting at my desk reading text books. Frankly, this way of learning just wasn’t for me.

The PLP program is different from normal school for many reasons. The main three reasons is the use of technology, field schools (this is when we get to do a lot of hands on learning), and lastly that it’s project, and performance base learning.

In this blog I hope to share my creativity and add personality through all of the projects we are assigned.

What do I believe in?

Well, I believe in travel. I believe the best way to find yourself is to simply get lost. It’s important to take a step back from your life and stress to remember who you are as a person with out the people and things that are apart of your everyday life. I believe when you travel you can get important life ulturing experiences that you could never have had if you stayed in your comfort zone. Lastly I solely believe I am ment to travel even if it means I have to leave things behind because,

“The world is big and I want to have a discover it before it goes dark.”-John Muir

This is one of the examples of projects we do in PLP. The project was to pick a meaniful quote about what you believe in, choose a photo that represents that quote, and finally add music and a voice recording of the quote in the background.

First class it took me much longer than I imagined to find my quote but I was very happy with it in the end. The photo I chose was my own picture of a poloroid of me in Tofino. Though I didn’t travel very far I loved it there simply because we were exploring some where new. Next we had to sketch the photo out on a very cool app called sketches pro. This was the first time any of us tried this app and I think we all found it pretty challenging at the start but thankfully by the end started to get the hang of it.

Finally, it was time to make music on garage band. I love making music on garage band because you’re able to start with a base of something simple and then add a variety of sounds to go with it. I also like using garage band because it allows you to edit your sound so you can make it exactly how you want. For my song I used a flute, pipa, and glockenspiel which are instruments that you can all find on smart piano. I used a pipa because it is from China which is one of the places I would love to travel to. The very last step was to put it all together in iMovie and voila.

Hope you enjoyed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tOLeOHjAKu0