Academic Growth Plan

This year in PLP we had a specific course that worked on our goals, productivity, and habits called PGP.

This course wasn’t very big and didn’t have many assignments it mostly enhanced our skills that we all have to use to stay on top of things and do our best.

Even though not all of the tactics and tools we were supposed to take on was a good fit for me, learning about why it’s important to be productive and that there are many ways todo so motivated me.

The tool that I was able to make a habit for productivity was time blocking.

Being a forgetful person with a busy schedule has caused alit of anxiety in the passed so this tool of organizing Calendar has proven very helpful. I also find it more helpful to see the gaps in my day instead of filling it with HW and eating time.

Even though I did not end up loving the app Things. I was motivated to use two more simple tools to organize my HW and to dos.

Since elementary school I’ve been using the little Exercise Book to keep notes, test dates, doodles and all my weekend HW.

It may not look the prettiest but it works!

In case I am even busier then usual I will use notes on my phone as a helpful reminder of my to do’s.

Talking about journals we were given one in PGP for our goal setting. We read the book What Do You Really Want and did it’s many tasks to get you to think deeper about what’s important to you and where you want to get to. I thought the goal ladder was really helpful when thinking about goals like getting into university that has a lot of steps.

I also used my goal ladder to successfully get a job

Finally we learned about the 7 Habits

• Habit 1: Be Proactive
  • Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
  • Habit 3: Put First Things First
  • Habit 4: Think Win/Win
  • Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
  • Habit 6: Synergize

In this part of PGP we were able to reflect on our life as teens in the book and workbook The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens.

Here are a couple of my favourite pages of the workbook

I thought this work book and these pages in general helped me think about how I balance all aspects of my life. I think having a balanced lifestyle is one of the most important thing you can do to ensure a happy healthy life.

What I liked most about PGP is how it was personal to helping you succeed the best you can. For a whole year I have taken away a lot of skills that I hope to continuously use. I also was able to see how I need to improve in time management and taking care of myself.