adverisment in the cove 🌊

Our group (Zachary, Ava, Landon, Luca and Carter) did lots of searching to find a business that we all liked, wanted us to work with them and the product(s) the business was selling was interesting to us. It took us a while, and we ran into a lot of tall, brick walls. First we wanted to do “gelato express” for (of course) the gelato but then it turned out it wasn’t even a business in the first place, then we decided to do “cafe orso” because it was very aesthetically pleasing and would make gorgeous photos, but they said no. It was too bad . And after both of those when down the drain, we finally decided to do “local lift” Because  smoothies looked really yummy and also because they were they only business so far that said yes and they were already involved with the school system, they said yes and that they were “really looking forward to work with us” then we met “Jacqueline” (over the phone), she was really nice

Way  before this project even started and before our group was assembled and we chose or one, of many businesses we first had to figure out what we already knew about advertisement to be honest didn’t know anything about advertisement at all before this project. Before this, i never paid attention to the ads around me. You’d be surprised how many ads you jut walk by in a daily basis. Before I only saw ads were you expect: bus stops, backs of bath room stalls, tv commercial breaks and ever so often on the side of a car/truck. Those were the only places i saw ads because they were right intro to of my face or stood out like a stour thumb. But now i see them every where; the logos that are visible on people’s clothing, stickers on people’s cars or water bottles, everywhere . And who knew that’s election signs were a form of advertisement *mind blown*🤯

I had to make so many drafts. Actually I had to make four.

So first after we called Jacqueline and Figured out what she wanted to advertise I made a poster/advertisement advertising soup and hot beverages (that’s what she wanted us to advertise) then I showed my group, they said that it was too dark and too professional looking and it was not my original idea I used a template and I made like three minor changes. I dint even change the picture of the coffee. That was default

On my second draft for the advertisement i went onto procreate and drew a picture of soup and I copied their logo and put down the website and address and boom it was done, my group said that there was a lot of empty space that it didn’t really match the “vibe” of the business itself.

On my third draft I went back onto Canva and found a template that I liked and chose a picture of soup (all the picture I used were. Copy-written) Off the canva website and then I changed the font, added their phone number and address and changed the colour font,  I showed it to my group and they said that it was the best one yet, they really like the photo and they liked how the words and the font colour match, the colour of the soup and how there was a limited amount of blank space and it really contrasted with everything in it match the “vibe” of the business.

On my last and funnel draft (witch i thought was kind of unnecessary)   I went back on the Procreate and copied the same picture I did with a soup, and centred it into the middle and I added The phone number website and address and also their socials and I also added the logo.I do not show anyone this but I really did not like it ,the one thing I did like though was how I added that phone number, address, website and their socials and there was still a lot of blank space I would like to make a lot of adjustments to it

showing my group was really a fun experience. I learned a lot of things, tipis on what  I needed to fix and a lot of constructive criticism that made my advertisements 100 times better. I find the feedback they gave was very helpful, they were very respectful and it got me a lot further to where I am now with my advertising skills. the thing we agreed on to take  from my advertisement to use in the three drafts we gave our business/Jacqueline was we used the layout i used on my 3rd draft

and y’all I’m  surprised your still here and have not yet found a food blog?

how are you still here?