Hey guys✌️! Today I’m going to talk about a project I did recently. The project was to create a advertisement for a local business. We were separated into groups and picked a business. Once we picked a business we called them to set up a time for a interview.

My first draft

Once we had a time set up for the interview, we did a bit of research and started coming up with ideas for our ads. Then we went to the interview and talked to the owner. We asked about their past advertising, what they would want in an ad, and much more     

My first draft was ok. I used a Image from from one of their social media feeds, a tag line I made up, and a image of their logo. There were many mistakes in my first draft such as the logo was terrible quality, my tag line was far to long, and the positioning of many of the elements was off.

My second draft

My second draft was better than my first. I used the same image as before, changed the tagline, and shifted The layout so that the information was at the bottom. There are still things to be changed of course. The logo was still to pixelated. 

The third draft of my ad

My third draft really didn’t look all that different. I used the same image, the same layout, but experimented with changing the logo. I tried to match the font of the logo with another font.

Final draft

My fourth draft didn’t look that different from my third draft, but I solved the logo problem. I sent the draft to my friends iPad where she edited the font perfectly, so that it matched the logo. We had to use a special app that she had to subscribed too.

After we completed the advertising project, we went to a advertising agency called pound and grain . We learned about the process of making ads, how to interact with your customer, and most of all we learned to let go of our ideas. After that some of the employees critiqued our ads.

My notes from Pound and Grain

The critique for my ad was the font didn’t work that well with the feel of the restaurant, and professionally taken photos of food can be very risky when making an ad, because if the food doesn’t look the same in real life people can be very disappointed.

Overall I learned a lot about advertising through the project and visiting pound and grain. I didn’t know much about advertising before the project and pound and grain, but I learned what advertising is ,what makes an ad good, and how to make an ad. In the end I was very proud of my ad, and I think the business I chose would like it too.

Bye guys! See you soon✌️