Hi guys✌️! Today I’m going to talk about more photography! I know I just talked about the awesome images project I just did, but today I’m talking about portrait photos! 

Our first activity was to take a self portrait. We were supposed to take a photo of ourselves that wasn’t a selfie. I choose to use some props to make my photos more interesting. For my first photo I wanted to use some of my fairy lights. And for the second photo I noticed the beautiful red leaves outside my house and wanted to feature them in a photo.

The second activity we did was taking a portrait photo of someone else. So I choose my friend Zoe. We took a photo in our classroom in the scream box. I tried to change the focus so I could  frame her differently, and make the photo more interesting.

For the third activity I took a silhouette photo! I used my friend Noah for the photo. I told him to stand against the window so that the light would frame him. Then I took the photo and did some editing. I changed the photo to black and white, then I changed the lighting in the photo so that I could get a silhouette affect. I’m not sure if it’s a perfect silhouette but I really like it!

For our last task we re-created a photo from the past. I chose a very strange photo of me looking at some spices and condiments in our kitchen. To take the photo I rearranged some spices and condiments to mostly match the original photo, then I found a pink shirt to wear. It took a few tries to get the facial expression right, so in the end I just chose the photo where the smile matched the most. After that I edited the photo little bit so that the tone and colour would look like the original photo more.

Before

After

I had a lot of fun with this photography challenge and I sure learned a thing or two more about photography. I for sure learned about the usefulness of editing brightness and colours in a photo, and even more about being creative and trying new things while taking a photo.