Celebrations and Festivities 🥳 – Challenge

-Blogging Challenge Day 7-

Ello, Ello, For this week’s challenge we were talking about the different types of holidays and festivities people celebrate. I myself don’t celebrate much its mainly Christmas, Halloween, Birthdays and that’s about it. There is one thing that I happen to celebrate twice, thanksgiving my family celebrates both Canadian and American thanksgiving. This mostly stem from the fact that my aunt has lived in the U.S for most of her adult years. Heck, my family used to go down there every November for American Thanksgiving. Its actually really fun when were down there, once my aunt had us go on an entire scavenger hunt through the city that was really fun! I even got to ride on one of those trolly trains you see in old movies or shows based in San-Fransisco. At this point its just an excuse to eat more food than I should.

Something that reminds me of American thanksgiving is ironically Christmas  decorations. Every year we celebrated in SF we ended of our trip with a white elephant gift exchange. We go out with our aunt to a local shop with trinkets and random little things. One thing they do sell is Christmas ornaments they have lots of different ones but of course we mange to get the ones that glitter bomb people. Most of the White Elephant gift exchange presents end up most of them being Christmas ornaments. That’s why when I see my family’s Christmas ornaments I see the ones we won at white elephant gift exchange, one of my family’s favourites is a sparkly pink elephant, This one to be exact.

I don’t know why my family loves this one so much it literally gets glitter EVERYWHERE and its so fragile, but somehow it never ceases to bring us joy.

That pretty much all I have, other than that my family doesn’t really celebrate anything else.

So thank you for reading,

Ines

Published inMakerMy Outside Life

Be First to Comment