Math Game 2.0- Scimatics

For this project we needed to create a math game that included exponents,  We started of by learning about exponents which then carried into our game…

We started off with a mind map, the mind map contained questions and statements about things we knew or wanted to know about the math game or questions we had about exponents and how they were going to be used.

Next we went about planning our game. Our game consisted of a timer, a calculator, and a deck of cards we made. The way you played was you and a partner would sit down and decide who would draw the card and who guessed the answer. One person would draw a card from the deck and read out the math question then there partner would guess the answer. This goes on until you win, you win by gaining the most point or answering the most questions.

————————————————————————————————————————

Curricular Competencies:

Reasoning and Analyzing: Use logic and patterns to solve puzzles and play games:

I used this competency when we were hosting our game, we were playing alongside people and playing other peoples games. Using our mathematical skills to solve the math problems in the games.

Communicating and Representing: Represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms:

I used this competency when creating our game. We were figuring out which equation problems to use and how to write them out on cards which we eventually figured out.

Applying and Innovating: Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through individual or collaborative approaches

I used this competency when working with my group. I also used this when I was playing peoples games, usually it was a partner game and I needed to play with other people, it was a really fun experience!

Overall this was a really great experience a taught we a lot about exponents!

Published inMathScimaticsUncategorized

Be First to Comment