Loon Lake 🦆 (Volume 2)

Heyo! Right before Christmas break we went to loon lake, this time around we went only with the grade 10s (my grade) we partnered up with pinnacle pursuits to help us gain a better understanding of leadership and teamwork!

The Pinnacle Pursuits Experience:

This year at loon lake we were mainly led by a team called “Pinnacle Pursuits”. For three days they helped us become more mindful, aware, and confident in ourselves and our skills. They set up multiple actives for the days they had with us. On the first day they set up two actives a mini scavenger hunt and rock climbing, they split our group into two groups one group did rock climbing first and the other group did the scavenger hunt. I did the scavenger first in which we had to work in a group and use each other strengths to find little notes held little questions that we had to then think as group of the answers for, this also helped us re-instate ourselves with the layout of loon lake. We also got to use compasses which helped us find the location of the notes. Then we did rock climbing, rock climbing was really fun and helped us challenge ourselves physically and mentally.  There were two sides on the rock wall, an “easy side” and a “harder side” I only got to do the easy side even though I wanted to challenge myself on the harder one but it was fun to help and support my friends when they did the harder side! Throughout the days we did various activates such as a trust falls from a chair on top of a table, a low ropes course and high ropes course. The high ropes was my favourite because I got to connect with people in my grade that In a way I wouldn’t in the classroom. I really connected with people during the crate stacking activity, the crate stacking was when you belayed off the ground and had to stack as many crates a possible that you and a partner who was also in the air could stand on. With help from a group of people on the ground and my partner in the air we managed to get 10 crates high which sounds like a really low number and easy but was actually so difficult. We also did a lot of inside work with a workbook on paper and pen and we also created signs that were decked out with things that we thought represented our personality, we drew them out and it was actually really fun and made me feel like a little kid again. We then, after a day of team bonding, would right on each others poster thing we noticed about that person or what they did that day. Mine looked like this!

The 2.5 hour hike: 

On one of our last full days at loon lake our teachers decided to take us on a full hike around the lake, on this hike we were meant to take lots of photos and also use it a moment to reflect on the trip, and although I can’t really talk a lot about what I reflected on here of some of the amazing photos me and my friends captured on the hike.

The Food:

One of my favourite parts of loon lake is the food, it is probably one of the best parts of the trip and I don’t know if that’s because we only have 3 meals a day and aren’t allowed to snack or because the food is just THAT good, probably a mix of both – here are some photos I have of the meals and Claire eating the meals, with a Sepaus   cameo:

Thank you for reading about my Loon lake experience! It was freezing but fun

Sincerely,

Ines

Published inField Study'sUncategorized

Be First to Comment