Its a Love Story … BABY JUST SAY YES! 🎥

Hello! For our last project before the new semester we took a look at the iconic Shakespeare play Romeo And Juliet! I actually really enjoyed this project and wish to do something like it in the future. And although this project was short they’re some big steps that got us to our final projects for our final project in which we created our own reenactment of a scene from the play, here’s how to got to that final step!

To start off we began reading the script of Romeo and Juliet which was actually kind of difficult at the beginning because it written in a Elizabethan dialect, Once we were done reading an act we would put it in our theme book.

The theme book was a book we would take a quote from the script and then we would try and locate a theme in the quote that we thought that was represented in the quote then we would connect it to an adaptation, we watched two of these adaptions in class the two being Gnomeo and Juliet and Warm bodies, I also watched Romeo + Juliet  at home like I know a couple other people did with even more films like west story. The two films we watched in class were sort of a spin off into completely different genres than the original Romeo And Juliet, One being about gnomes and the other about zombies but both followed themes in Romeo and Juliet. We had to make the connections from the script into the plot of the movies we had watched, mine ended up looking like this:

Once the theme book was done we got separated into different groups for filming, my group members were: Brooke, Landon, and Ben. Once we had our groups we decided on the scene we wanted to recreate, ended up choosing the balcony scene. Next came the theme, we debated the themes for a while before choosing something along the lines of a reality TV show and the office, it had the same cutaways and 4th wall breaks that we really wanted in our adaptation. Next we started planning the scenes, sets, costumes, basically what we would need to make the dream become a reality. I think It ended up great, here’s our final product:

And that’s a wrap on semester one, expect more from semester two!

Thanks for reading,

Ines

Published inHumanitiesUncategorized

Be First to Comment