Mpols Part. 2

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner!”

It’s time again for my midterm presentation of learning. In this post, I am going to detail my experience with PLP 10 so far. I will discuss my strengths, weaknesses, highlights, FAILs, and more.

To start this years MPOL off strong I decided to show my learning plan first, this will give everybody a sense of what I strived for this year and how I’ve tried to reach those goals in the process of these projects. Here it is:

As you can see in my learning plan I aimed for an accomplished grade  this year which was my final grade for semester one, it think I really earned this grade and I am extremely proud of it. Id like to show some of the work I think really highlights an accomplished, almost extending level of understanding and work in my projects.

Id like to start off with my final product for our Gold Rush unit, I ended up getting an extending grade on the product which I’m really happy with, The assignment was to write  a short story about a character, either real or made up and create a story line that again could be real or made up based in the time of the caribou gold rush. My story was based on real events but I did add in a couple features that I made up to give the story more plot and make it flow better. My story ended up being about 3 pages long and I’m really proud of what I ended up with, the story was based around a true story of how a girl who helped save a group of miners that were stuck on the top of a mountain the the middle of winter, this is the full story (click this!)

Another project that I thought really showed how I earned this grade, I think I earned this grade because it not only showed how I could work together in a group but also how I could help take a group of three topics and show them all in one product, and that product was my monument for the Ology of Apology project we did. I think that my monument really showcased my work as learner in a very physical way. Our monument showed someone breaking down walls which we called “The walls of oppression” it was meant to showcase the struggles of imagent from Asia in Canada, specifically BC. Since each of our group members had different topics, with Gwen having Chinese head tax,  Brooke having the Komagata Maru, and Me having Japanese internment we needed a monument that would showcase and pay tribute to all of the minorities in our topics and The walls of oppression is what we came up with. One of the walls, the smallest wall, was already broken through showing  that one form of oppression had been “beaten” in a sense with the person only having to met with more thicker and taller walls. On the walls we had racist propaganda that was used in the time period. Im really proud of this work and thought it looked really good in the end. Here’s what our monument looked like:

For the last bits of my work that I’d like show in my MPOL is the end product for my most recent project of Romeo And Juliet. I had a lot of fun during that project and thought are video was really good in the end, Id also like to show the theme book that I created during this project and showcase my video, both I think show not only understanding of the project but also my ability do create good work in smaller time periods seeing as though we didn’t have much time for this project. My theme book, which I think is the star of my work for this project, ending up looking like this:

I got an extending grade on that project and I’m really proud of that mark, I’m also really proud of the video we made for this project. I thought I was really funny and it was fun to make! Here’s what that looked like:

I think that now is a good time to bring to light some of my FAIL’S. I think that one of biggest FAIL’S this year was during our Ology of Apology projects. I think my fail during that project was the plaque, the plaque was meant to hold a short message describing explaining the meaning of our memorial, I think we could have written our message a lot better and could have made it a lot more meaningful. This is what the plaque looked like:

As you can see we definitely could have done more with it and created something a lot better.

That’s all, thank you for coming to my MPOL! I’ll see you at the next one.

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment