Apple Live Loops

Task 1: Using Apple’s Live Loops

Live loops is a simple and accessible way to produce your own music, learning the basics of the app can be very beneficial for projects like ours in PLP and for anyone wanting to create their own media.

This is my song.

Activity 1: Triggering Loops 

Before jumping into making a song, it is important to become familiar with the options that live loops has to offer. With multiple styles to use, you can create songs of any theme. This gives you complete creative freedom in the creation process.

Activity 2: Recording Loops

Once you’ve become familiar with live loops, pick a style to start off your new project. There are all kinds of different options to choose from. When it comes to recording your song, this is your chance to organize which order you want the loops to go in and how you want your song to sound.

Activity 3: Customizing with Loops

Just because you’ve chosen a style, doesn’t mean you have to stick to it. You can add instruments and loops from completely different styles and genres, for example I started off with a Chinese traditional template and added in R&B loops.

Project 1: Ceating A Short Musical Piece

Once it came to recording my song, I had learned many tips and tricks that I had no idea garage band offered. I’m looking forward to using these skills to create music for videos of mine in the future.