I have always loved getting up in front of people and performing something, wether it’s a play, presentation, or concert. Poetry however is hard for me to read in front of people because it tends to have more serious emotion and I tend to act playful and comedic. So with this poetry unit I wanted to challenge myself by writing poetry with less jokes and more meaning.

Every class we had we would learn a few new terms used in poetry and add them to a chart. This became very useful when studying for our test. They were also good to have when we’d get a criteria for a poem and had to use a term from the list to check what we exactly had to incorporate.

Along with writing the poems we had to make a book to put them all in. We had to include a table of contents, a worldview introduction page (as the theme for all the poetry was our worldview), and an about me page. We also had to make every page show our skills with our iPads. These skills had to have something to do with the poem so it would make sense.

Here is my book ⬇️