Hey everyone welcome back to my second TWIL blog post. I’m back again with more knowledge on Romeo and Juliet and ready to answer my question for this week. “In Act I, iv, Mercutio and Romeo’s bantering reveals two different views of dreams: one that believes they foretell the future and one that believes they mean nothing. What do you believe?”. Now obviously this is a big question but for me the answer wasn’t that hard to find. Personally I have a hard time in believing things with no scientific proof to back it so obviously I believe dreams mean nothing and are just where our brains go to when we sleep. Therefore meaning I was on the side of Mercutio. I don’t believe in fate or dreams or any of Romeo’s magical beliefs. To answer this question I made a web/info graphic to show my thoughts. I also did some research about dreams and people who study them. From what I found there was many speculations they meant something but never any proof apart from dreams having something to do with reflecting on past important moments.

Dreaming is our way of reflecting on our days and important events but have nothing to do with the future. Although it would be nice to believe we could see where we’ll go or foreshadow our lives it sadly doesn’t work like that. I also don’t know if anyone else is like me in this situation but I rarely dream. Most nights I wake up and it’s as if nothing happened between falling asleep and waking up. While it was cool find out more about dreams I still stand for dreams not meaning anything important.