Are you an easily influenced person?

Have you ever been in a situation where you are influenced or peer pressured by your friends? Well many people have felt that pressure to maybe fit in with the crowd so as not to be different but why? Well there are many reasons for it, one of those reasons being that we grow up being influenced by others. Are parents influence us to act a certain way or even not act in a certain way so you are taught to be influenced. At a certain point you may and probably are being influenced without even realizing it. However not all influence is positive, sometimes it can lead to negative effects and even regrets. In the book The Crucible by Arthur Miller a good example of someone having control or influence over someone is Abigails strong influence on Mary Warren. Marry Warren was found in the forest when the girls were conjuring spirits however she did not participate because she may not have felt comfortable. However when the witch trials begin Abigail influences her to condem other witches which she knew were innocent people but Abigail basically controlled her and made her condem them up until a certain point when Abigail turns on Mary warren.

Now this may be an extreme example that involved witches and many innocent people getting hung as a result of this one girl have control over not only Mary Warren but many of the girls. However today its very easy to be influenced, I know I have. One example of when I was influenced is nothing in comparison. Last year I went to Playland with a group of friends, and we were doing all the rides and having fun and then we decided to get lunch. Now after lunch I didn’t feel great but didn’t think much of it, and then everybody wanted to go on Alien Abduction, a ride where it basic just spins you around in circles. This was when I voiced up my opinion that I wasn’t feel great and neither was another girl but everyone else said we would be fine. So I went on the ride however that was not the smartest idea, right after I proceeded to get sick as a result of being influenced by the others to go on this ride.

Here is a picture I drew of the ride:

Now this may be small in comparison to a court charge, it still is an example of the influence wether good or bad people can have on you.