Another year another TPOL

Well this is the end of Grade 11 and what a year. I have definitely had my ups and downs and in this year I will be going over all that and also answer the question as to why i am ready to move onto Grade 12. The first thing I would like to show to get things started is just a video with some of the things I have done with PLP this year.

The first aspect of PLP this year that I would like to talk about is a project that I am very proud of how it ended up. This is the video created by Izzy and myself regarding the We Shall Overcome unit. I found this to be a very interesting unit that I wanted to learn more about.

The driving question was: How can the actions of an individual change a system? And at the beginning of this unit I knew that the world is and has been very racist however I never really thought of how it had changed overtime which through this unit i learned more about. I learned that there was a lot more to the civil rights movement then Martin Luther King (though he did play a large role) but that instead when people take action that then can change a system. Through this project I think you can see my eagerness to learn. This shows that I have an open mind to learning and thinking of new paths which I know will be effective next year as I will have to make many decisions and learn lots so that is one reason why I feel I am ready to move onto Grade 12. This project also showed that I am able to work in a pair effectively. I feel that me and Izzy did a good job getting things done and splitting up the work effectively which is a useful skill to have,

Next I will be talking about my World on the Brink project. This project was all about the Cold War, the Cuban missile crisis and really why the world was on the brink during the 60’s. Learning about this was interesting  however I was nervous for the final project as it was writing an essay. I have never been a very strong writer even though I understand the information I just don’t know how to put it on paper. However though I may not be the best writer I was try my hardest and want to improve that is why i want to continue to improve my writing skills into my grade 12 year.

The final project or rather course I would like to talk about is PGP. At the beginning of the year I definitely struggled with this. I didn’t know why we were doing this course and to be honest it seemed a little useless. At the beginning I honestly really only enjoyed creating the Dream Board and I feel you could see this in my work as I don’t think I was really putting my all into it.

However as time went on I started to see how what I was reading about and learning would be useful. I started to see that really thinking of the future was important (which stressed me out) and that in order to do that and have a future I needed to set goals wether they be big or small. One example of a goal I set and was then supported was becoming a life guard. I knew that this would be a good skill to have and also a good job thanks to the convincing done by my parents. So in order to get to that point I set goals. I was signed up for the coarse was one goal, then doing the work required for that coarse was the next step ect. So through months and months of swimming and trials I am finally and just recently now a full certified lifeguard and swim teacher which I am proud of and got through thanks to the goal setting and time prioritizing that I learned through PGP. Sol through this you can see that I definitely struggled and had my downfalls and still do. I still struggle with our first things first and efficiently planning my time. However it is getting better slowly and I feel that this progress is one example of why I am ready for grade 12.

Overall grade 11 was definitely an interesting year. I definitely struggled at times and wasn’t sure if I would make it however there were definitely times when I was proud of my work. I cant wait for next year even though it stresses me out and i feel that I’m ready for it as you have heard through this presentation. So that has been my TPol for grade 11 and I would love to hear any questions or comments you have.