Camp Capilano

What I learned:

A few weeks ago the whole class had an adventure at Camp Capilano. It was a fun experience that I will remember. I think it was a good idea to go on a retreat, because I am now more comfortable with everyone in the class, since we all spent a night together. Also being Throughout the trip I was learning the responsibilities and expectations of a PLP student. There were many skills I learned from making the projects. I learned how to work as a team, communicate with my group members and how to edit and use different apps.

Camp Capilano, the building from the outside.

(http://www.inspiredtaste.net/24593/essential-pancake-recipe/)
The food, was surprisingly pretty good. Usually when I go on trips the food isn’t that great. The pancakes was my favourite meal.

The pool, the break we finally had, and got to just hangout. To make this video I decided to be adventurous and make an explain everything.

Our assignments:
All of the projects included all of the skills I already mentioned. Our first project I really enjoyed because we got to be creative. However, it was tough because we only had one hour to make a 45 second intro for a reality TV show. We also had to include 10 different characters. Our group ( Sydney, Hannah, Spencer and Kate), chose to base our show on a British TV show called, I’m a celebrity get me out of here.

The reason we chose this show, was because we needed to create one that was outside, because we were filming in the forest. ‘I’m a celebrity get me out of here’ is filmed in a jungle, so it worked. For our show we were living out in the forest and you have to succeed in challenges to be released. When we got assigned the project, my group was taking a while to think of what to do. We should have been communicating more with each other. That was a learning experience because next time, I make sure everyone is participating and communicating with each other.

(https://unsplash.com/search/photos/forest)

In the next project we had to create a project that was similar to the first however, we were told that weren’t aloud to use any visuals, only audio. At fist I panicked because I had no idea how we were going to do this. Although, our group definitely worked more efficiently. We assigned everyone a job so we worked faster. As a group we decided to have all the same characters from our original project, but create a scene when all the characters were first meeting each other. At the end of the assignment I found that this project was easier than the first, because we didn’t have to worry about changing clothes, or getting the right angle of scene. However, it also had difficult aspects, we had to make sure the voices sounded different since it was only audio.

For our final project we had to incorporate all the skills we knew to create a 4 minute podcast. At the beginning we were told to tell a story that involved us explaining what identity is ( http://one-europe.net/europe-and-europeans-questions-of-identity). I would say I learned the most out of making this project. I will definitely remember staying up until 2am working on our podcast, trying to prefect it. However, that experience taught me that I need to manage my time more efficiently, when given a project that has to be completed in a short period of time . For our story, we chose to talk about when I moved from England to Canada. We chose this because we could incorporate all the aspects we needed to. Since we were up so late we didn’t fully watch the whole video after we were done. That was a mistake because the music wasn’t right. That was another thing I leaned, to fully check my work before handing it in. I enjoyed this project because I got to tell a story that meant a lot to me. I also learned a lot of new skills.

After this trip,  I am now really looking forward to California!!!!!!