For those procrastinators, read this post!

You have an assignment due in a month, how are you going plan ahead, or are you and leave it until the last minute?

Recently we have been creating these post that are related to the Crusible. If you have no idea what I am talking about, check out my lastest post that explains the task. In this post I will be talking about guilt. In the Crusible guilt was implied when the girls were caught doing sinful activities in the forest. These girls felt guilty knowing they did all these sinful activities.

My example (procrastination) isn’t as big as doing a sinful activity. However, some may consider procrastination is a sin to yourself. I’m sure everyone is guilty for procrastinating. It could be for studying for a test, writing an essay, you name it. All I can say is everyone is a procrastinator, and in education this can affect your grades and work ethic. 

For example, your are given an essay to write. The rationalize decision will plan out how you will finish the essay. Then you have the other half of your head saying NO we want easy and fun. This can result in guilt from knowing you should have been working than watching Netflix. 

This is what happens when you let the “monkey” take control:

If you are a procrastinator you may want to take a quick look at this post. Believe it or not, procrastination can turn into guilt. Guilt is the fact of having committed a specified or implied offense or crime. In this case procrastination is a crime to yourself, yet people do it anyway. The guilt follows soon after, when you realize you got nothing done and now feel guilty that you didn’t accomplish anything.    

Lets have look at what goes on in their head:

As you can see there is the rational decision maker that is in charge of planning and looking at the big picture. Then of coarse there is the “monkey” that causes the procrastination.

To conclude, I think that it is fair to say that procrastination can fall into guilt. When you know the reason that you failed a test is because you watched nextflix, you will look back and wish you had just got the job done. I mean who am I to say don’t procrastinate. In fact I found the idea to do procrastination procrastinating because I found an article about it!