When we first started this advertising unit it sounded really interesting. Our first task for this unit was to call a local business and ask them about any limited edition products or some other products that weren’t very popular and then we made a print add on the products. We did at least three revisions before our ads were actually ok, and this was just a warm up. The business my group interviewed is called Ahoy it is located in the Cove, the person we talked to at Ahoy was named Derek he was very helpful and new a lot about the company considering he wasn’t the manager.

The app I used most for creating my ad was Canva I used a couple other apps like Adobe Photoshop and google drive to store the photos. The next step with these ads was to find a business in Oregon where we would be doing our field study, the business my group found is the best out of all of them and the owner was super nice and he also did most of the construction at the High Life zip lining. The unique thing about High Life if two things one after zip lining you can go get a beer for all of you 19 or older and the sling, it is a free fall that is the only one in Oregon. For the sling you jump off of a platform and free fall with a harness on and stop just before you hit the lake it is very exhilarating.

This was my final ad for the high life adventures zip lining tours.

The critique was very helpful and instead of just getting a grade and not getting to revise it and the work in again you can hand it in as many times as you want until it is up to PLP standards. We sent our ads into the deep cove business that we interviewed and they really liked our ads and were pretty impressed by them as well.

This is my first ad for Ahoy. As you can see it is terrible and there was loads of room for improvement.

This is my second ad for Ahoy. Unfortunately I deleted my third and final draft but it looked a lot like the second one. I am very proud of this ad it took a lot of constructive criticism and peer critique to get this ad here.