Gaming

Battlefield 1: Open Beta

So last week on August 31st, the beta for Battlefield 1 came out, and I was really excited to play it. So, on August 31st I did exactly that, and here we are. So you might be asking, what is Battlefield 1? It is a first person shooter set in world war 1 with multiplayer and a single player campaign, but as it is a beta, you were only able to play the multiplayer. There are many different weapons and vehicles you can play around with in this game, just like there previous shooter ‘Battlefield 4’. I could go on all day about this game, so for now I will just give you a quick review of the beta. I really enjoyed playing this beta for as long as I did, whether it be the gameplay, the graphics, the vehicles, sound design or weapons, I thought it was great. But there are only two problems with the beta:

1. It doesn’t feel like world war 1. The game is accurate when it comes to weapons and vehicles, but the fact that most soldiers can have a scope on their rifle is inaccurate, and not realistic to the time period. Also, horses and tanks were not in the same times of the war, as horses were at the beginning, and tanks were at the end.

2. There is only one map. The fact that there was only one map in the beta reduced replay ability, and made me just want to play another game instead, and if they had at least one more map, I would be a lot more excited to play the beta. Hopefully when the full game releases, there are many more maps to play around on.

Well, that is the end of my little review on the Battlefield 1 Open Beta