Now more than ever renewable energy is one of the most important topics to learn about and discuss. Our planet is being destroyed by carbon emissions caused by our production and consumption of energy. For years people have looked to use the natural recourses of the earth to make clean and renewable energy to protect the future of our planet. That is exactly what we set out to do in scimatics 10 with our energy capture project. 

The goal was to design build and pitch a generator that captured energy from the environment to make clean and renewable energy. Before we started we researched all of the different types of energy like chemical energy, kinetic energy and electrical energy to name a few. 

We spent a lot of time researching all of them and eventually and our first prototype. It was designed to capture the mechanical energy of the water and turn it into electric energy however it didn’t work. This was tough as we needed to rebuild the entire thing within a few days to make the deadline and with a much simpler design we succeeded.

The AquaGo is a portable water wheel power generator designed to be used for a large amount of things wether it is charging your phone, generating light or powering a heater. The main draw is that it uses 100% clean energy.

I think I leaned a lot throughout this project one of my favorite parts was trying to find a solution to the global problem of unclean energy polluting the planet which ties into one of the curricular competencies. Another one was the collaboration between me and Emily, I think that we work pretty well as a team as we have done plenty of projects before this one. We were also able to evaluate the task of fixing our generator after it failed and communicate effectively when rebuilding it.

As you can see our wheel is highly effective

I definitely learned a lot through this project about an industry that is soon to become one of the most important in the world.