This week I learned, an interesting idea for blog posts. This will probably help me remember more of what I learned as I actually have to go back and review the work and learning I did each week to compile them into a post. Our latest topic is Shakespeare and the 1950s, specifically the start of the Cold War in the 1950s. These relate… somehow..

Now I don’t know much about Shakespeare, but I do know he is an important guy who wrote some nice plays in “ye old english”. Now the 1950s and Cold War on the other hand is something I have a good bit of background knowledge in. There is a lot to talk about with the Cold War, from the events to the people and the sheer spectacle of how close we came to our own destruction it is a fascinating part of human history. Now how this relates idk.

So far Shakespeare’s Macbeth (what we are researching) is supposedly a tragedy and has themes of betrayal but I am not going to draw some ridiculous thematic relation because there is not one yet. Im going to be honest instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

But the first act is very interesting, I understand the old english a bit better now, we did tons of research into the Elizabethan times and Shakespeare. Like how they pooped in to the streets and how the river Thames once evaporated pee into the air so bad it made people pass out. Fun times.