Mpols are a very interesting time of year for me as I need to show to everyone how I intend to improve my learning, and while most of my strategies are normally work related I have a nee approach to it this year that I think will make a difference. What I want to ask as part of my question is “how can I make school less stressful for me”?
This year more than ever I have been really stressed about school, the main reason is all of the new classes that are harder than everything I have had to do before. Grades matter for my future more than ever and time and time again I find myself slipping between my balance of productivity in school and enjoying my time at home. With all my grades meaning things for my future it is even more scary when they start to slip and I don’t perform as well as Ive wanted to. I have found myself more stressed about school than ever before in my life waking up and feeling like the next test is the end of the world.
I have definitely started seeing improvements in my other classes with tutoring and getting used to “normal classes”. I often put socials work aside thinking I would have plenty of time later and picturing the new classes as more important to my future.
I have gotten more time to work on socials and other classes as of late with feeling more comfortable in math but my chemistry is still a struggle. I realize that as of late I avoid work because I don’t like to think about it. In first term especially with my math and science marks coming in I felt stupid and hated being in the classes where I didn’t understand the stuff on the board or felt guilty about being behind in. I didn’t spend much time on the homework because trying to fill out worksheets but spending 15 minutes staring at a blank page while my peers talked about being down because of a 89 instead of 90 really didn’t motivate me to improve myself.
I find that the longer something is overdue the harder it is to complete, and the snowball just keeps going with the smaller things whenever a big project comes up.
Right now in everything but chemistry my grades are going up, I find that I am not scared to go to a math test or nervous about not understanding it as much anymore. Knowing that I can reach the same spot as everyone else has really helped calm me down and I spend less nights worrying about my grades constantly instead of going to sleep. Being able to consider myself intelligent would make my school life 20 times easier and the best way I can see myself doing that is through the short term goals. Getting high marks on work sheets and focusing on getting one thing even if it is just a single worksheet done everyday then I am at least doing 7 assignments a week.

One thing that I feel dissatisfied with is my blog posts. I know it is pretty clear that technically I am not a good blogger. My page does not have a fancy setup and other than photos and videos there isn’t anything to fancy to the posts. I don’t make media specifically for the posts or fancy titles and I often just treat them like they are a essay or another paper to write like a normal class, this is something I want to change but always rush last minute and never do because of my work schedule.
I think I really FAILed at math this year. I started the year being a bit nervous of pre calculus but had done decent in my math before. There was a pretty big and significant drop in my mark after a month and it hit pretty hard. I already mentioned how I often felt defeated and stupid in math when my marks were bad and I really struggled comprehending that I could do that bad especially when things matter as much as they do now. But over time I improved, I got a tutor and my math grade has been a consistent climb now and it makes me feel really good getting tests back as opposed to last term. I still have a lot to work on to hit my goal, which may seem high from what my previous grades look like but I think that makes reaching it an even bigger accomplishment.

I really am proud of some of my work this year though, I also have been enjoying PLP more. I feel like I have more friends in the class and that the work has all been enjoyable and on subjects I enjoy, I look forward to a stress free term 2.5/3 and hopefully PLP 12.