The Grade 10 mPOL of Yours Truly

Good evening father, mother, teachers and whomever happens to read this:

In this post, I shall formally convince you that throughout this former half of the tenth grade of mandatory Canadian schooling, my knowledge academically, mentally, economically and spiritually has astoundingly elevated to a level I wholeheartedly believe grants me the title: a “distinguished learner.” Since the grand origins of one’s own learning educational odyssey in the tenth grade, PLP has bestowed upon me the opportunity to excel my learning rate through various projects of the highest order. Throughout this post, I shall begin by educating the reader on one’s own set goals and move to briefly explain the contents of each project and how yours truly has demonstrated surging, mature growth as an academic.

Learning goals:

In the dawn of this educational twelve month period, I completed the mandatory grade task that is the “Individual Learning Plan.” In said plan, it was documented that yours truly had aimed for a 95 percent average as can be seen in the following chart:

Following this grade setting process, a table was written by a past-version of yours truly detailing the academic path to take in order to achieve said grade. Due to the absence of the “Maker 10” course in one’s timetable, it is impossible to measure said “Maker” plan however, the “Humanities 10” course was available and was fully completed so I shall now show the reader what was previously written:

The writings in question have been now fully been revealed but in spite of that, my actions have yet to so yours truly shall now begin elucidating the contents of the following projects.

Think You Can Do Better(?):

This school year, situated to begin on the 2021st year of the Anno Domini calendar, one’s own peers have expanded their lives by commencing the PLP project “Think You Can Do Better.” This project was centred about the theme of “human governing” and from being educated on multiple government structures to constructing one’s own, this project has taught us various skills to undertake this foremost semester.

Big ideas:

This project included “big” ideas such as “the development of political institutions is influenced by economic, social, ideological, and geographic factors” and “language shapes ideas and influences others.” We built knowledge on said ideas and expanded on them by putting them to practical use such as assembling our own political parties.

Competencies:

• Using evidence to show what you know
  • Expressing an opinion and supporting it with credible evidence
  • Using writing and design processes to plan, develop, and create original, engaging, and meaningful texts for a variety of purposes and audiences
  • Reflecting, assessing, and refining texts to improve clarity, effectiveness, and impact for purpose, audience, and message

Remarks:

Though, the project stated can be considered a “success” in the sense that yours truly did develop as an academic learner, it cannot be said that one has achieved the expectations set for oneself. Ultimately, the contents of the actions, of yours truly resulted in a “accomplished” grade and although a satisfactory mark, did not match the bar-line. One moved forward and began the next project with newfound knowledge.

Ology of Apology:

The “Ology of Apology” project was a journey that brought yours truly to 1900s Asia to modern Canada. This assignment, situated on the theme of “apologies” educated learners on different scenarios of injustice and discrimination and the following modern atonement of the Canadian government.

Competencies:

Due to the in-addition of the regular “PLP learning competencies”, we have to shifted to using the provincial “core competencies” instead. These include:

-Thinking

-Communication and Collaboration 

-Personal and Social

Remarks:

Very tragically, this project unfortunately faced mediocrity and yours truly was unable to bring forth an extending grade. Although confronting one’s teachers on how to push forth to an “extending”, minor carless mistakes lead to downfall. 

Romeo and Juliet:

The last-most and recent project, “Romeo and Juliet”, as estimated by the reader, was themed about Shakespeare. From understanding themes, language and techniques used in writing, learners were educated on the past and how the mentioned text connects to the present.

Competencies:

Again this project followed the provincial “core-competencies” which can be found above.

Remarks:

Throughout one’s PLP odyssey, it can be said that this was the most successful project so far. Although grading has been incomplete due to an absence of a educator, I believe my work was completed to an “extending”. One had spend many hours working to create a product closer to perfection and had gotten input from teachers, friends and parents.  

Looking Ahead:

In this first half of the academic 365 day period, one can say that yours truly has continued to improve. From academic understandings of completed topics to making a more pristine collection of moving images that create motion, one has always desired to understand and break down concepts of learning. Although markings incomplete, yours truly can say with a hundred percent certainty that a significant growth as a learner has occurred in this for-most semester. Though I cannot say I have achieved the preferred grade in the first two projects, one shall vouch for the fact that yours truly did develop as a learner in these processes. One does believe that so far this academic rotation of the sun has been productive; however going forth, I hope to, one, continue to extend or at the very least accomplish and two, achieve a growth one can look back on and experience pride from.

Thank you for your time and I wish you a most pleasant life ahead,

Sincerely,

Grade 10 PLP learner,

Favourite son,

Farewell and godspeed,

Lo, Jordan