Hello there, today I will not be your normal blogging friend that you know of and love (I think), today I will be chef Jordyn!

This week of the student blogging challenge, week 7, is probably the BEST WEEK OF ALL. It is going to be all about…… Cooking. No, no, no, this weeks challenge wasn’t challenging people to make food because that probably wouldn’t go so well, imagine someone who didn’t know how to cook trying to make food! This weeks challenge is a whatever-we-want week. We get to write about something we are passionate about (such as my art and friendship bracelet posts) and that is what I am here to do.

I love cooking, I don’t think I have actually ever mentioned this before. Oooooooooohhhhh, something you don’t know about me, a new amazing Jordyn fact. This year at school was my first ever year doing a foods class and as I mentioned before and you will hear it a few more times, I love it so much! We have already done a dessert unit, a soup unit, and we are currently working on a pasta unit and I am going to try and incorporate the things I have learned in the class into this post.

These are apple cinnamon dumpling that I made in foods class!

So. I haven’t even told you guys what this post is actually going to be about, what it’s going to include and I just can’t wait any longer because it is going to be so exciting. I am making you guys a few videos as I cook my dream three course meal! EEEEEEEEEE!!! I’m just so excited to get started sooo, let’s do it!

First things first is the Appy or the formal name, Appetizer. One time when I was in Whistler with my family, we were having a nice little potlatch where all of our friends brought a snack. One of the snacks that was brought was these cheesy shortbread biscuit things with a red pepper jelly and ever since then I have wanted to make them. So, that’s exactly what I did! I made Parmesan shortbread biscuits for the first time! Here is a speedy video on how to make them:

The next thing in a meal is of course, the entrée or main dish. This, what I made, is literally my favorite food on the whole planet….. BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP!! I was expecting it to be a lot harder to make but it actually wasn’t too bad!

Last but not least, is the dessert, everybody’s favorite part. Fun fact, I actually never used to like cheesecake but everything changed this year. I actually tried it after 5 years of hating it, and now it is probably one of my many favourite desserts. I made mini cheesecakes, almost like cupcakes but a little bit different.

As you can see, a lot of work went into this post. I made three different dishes, filmed them, and then edited short videos for them. So you may be asking why I did all of this for one post but there is a simple answer. I. LOVE. COOKING. Since I started taking foods class, it has changed my life. Last year, before I had started taking these classes, I could probably make KD or Ichiban and that’s about it. But maybe after one class, I felt confident enough to go home and make something amazing on my own. And that’s why I love making food. I love how you get to create something with millions of different flavours and textures to choose from and the end result is a delicious surprise you and your family and friends can enjoy!

~Jordyn 🙂