Hi there My Dog Ate My Blog Followers welcome back to week three of TWIL posts. If you enjoy this post, check out my TWIL week 1 and week 2! This week the topic I am focusing on is the tragic death of two characters: Mercutio and Tybalt. This scene takes place in Act 3 and is the climax, the turning point of the whole play. As you probably know if you have read or Watched Romeo and Juliet, one of the “characters” is called the Chorus. The chorus is almost a narrator and pops up at the beginning of the play as well as the end of the play to give a bit of a summary. 

This is the Chorus from the 1968 movie version of Romeo and Juliet

I created a podcast almost like a radio broadcast to act as the chorus for the fight seen between Mercutio and Tybalt. I did try to at first do a live broadcast with my brother as Benvolio but… let’s just say that didn’t quite work out so I decided to do a radio broadcast which is just a voice recording. I created it in Garage Band, Voice Memos and iMovie, I hope you enjoy!

This video was a lot of fun to create, but it also took a while. I created a script, tried to create a video, recorded my voice, edited it, and then posted it on youtube. This task really helped me understand this scene and what the chorus really adds to the play. If i think back to when these plays were performed on stage in the Elizabethan times, it would have been very helpful to have someone summarizing what was happening as Romeo and Juliet is very dramatic and confusing! Alright, that’s it for today, see you guys next time!

~ Jordyn