The wonders of plate tectonic’s

This post will be about plate tectonics and what i have learned about them.

these are the question we made at the beginning of this project. I am going to tell you the answers to these questions. We have been working on this project for about 3 weeks it was a really fun project to work on.

Question 1. I asked “do Tectonic Plates have cycles” I didn’t see or learn anything about them having a cycle they are controlled by convection currents And as far as i know convection currents do not have a cycle.

Question 2. I asked “do Plate Tectonics effect temperature” as I said before plate tectonic are controlled by convection currents and they are temperature controlled so yes Plate Tectonics do effect temperature.

Question 3. I asked “How fast do Plate’s move” I never found how fast they actually move but i did find out that they move very slowly. They are very heavy and the currents in the earth don’t have that much force to push them very fast.

Question 4. I asked “Do Plate Tectonics Effect the ocean” I learned in this project that Plate Tectonics to effect the ocean. When two plate slip under the ocean that earth quake causes a tsunami and that can be very destructive.

We had criteria for this project, as you do in every project. I used the criteria in the project the right way to make my project better. “I had to display knowledge of the topic we were studying I used my knowledge of Plate Tectonics to make my project better and improve my grade. I had to display a scientific curiosity in are topic of Plate Tectonics, I had used my curiosity to learn more about Plate Tectonics. We also had a Big Idea for are project it was,The theory of
plate tectonics is the
unifying theory that
explains Earth’s geological
processes.

this idea was the driving force for this project “the theory of Plate Tectonics”. I studied this idea to try and find the answer my whole class did as well. It had us dig deep in to the information of Plate Tectonics. It improved my work on this project a lot. the last competency was about collaboration and talking and working with others and doing that gave me more information to add to my project to make it better.