Rewinding This Remake

Hello, its Josh. I’m back writing another blog post. It has been quite some time since I was sitting in font of this keyboard. Im back because I have to reflect on this project Running A Remake which was a stressful project to say the least. So basically we had to recreate a short horror film called Run. We had to match the audio, the credits and the transitions to the original that is right bellow this intro. We also only had three days to do 90% of this project it was a very small amount of time to do something rather big.

Of course I also had a group for this project.  Simon, Ryan, Indira and Liam. 🤫 btw If you want to check them out click on their names. 

We had one Competency it was “How might I design a solution to a problem, process, or challenge?” 

I feel my group met this competency. We designed a solution to a challenge, we made a remake. We planned it out and remade the short film. In a forest right next to our school. It was not easy but we did it. It was raining half the time so we brought umbrellas to shield the camera. The main challenge we had was matching the clothing I didn’t have a grey beanie like in the short. So I had to use a teal one. However we did design our own jogging track jacket with a grey sweat shirt and tape. Thats all for the competency. 

What I Learned 

I was the main character in our remake which you can check out at the bottom of this post. I think our remake was pretty good. It had a lot in common with the original. There were some things that didn’t Match that I learned from. Number one do more area recon. We didn’t have a lot of time to find a place to shoot. So our video didn’t have the same scenery as the original. Next time I shoot a remake of a video I will make sure to do more area recon. Second thing I learned is angles are everything. When recreating something it has to look the same from setting to costume. Third thing I learned was how to edit. I did not know how to edit footage but thank to Ms. Willemse I know that now. 

This is our driving question “How Might We Learn Video Skills By Recreating A Short Film?”

I think we learned a lot of video skills during the three days this project took place. First off I mentioned this a minute ago. I leaned to edit footage in i movie. I learned how to shoot footage using clips. I learned how to act in movies which before I would have been to shy to try. By recreating this short film I have learned to do a lot of things I wouldn’t have been able to do other wise. Thanks to this very stressful project. I learned these thing from my teacher and from experiencing film making.  

Any way I hope you enjoyed reading this and seeing our remake of Run! I will most likely be back soon to write another post thats it for now. This has been Josh here with Josh’s Neat Blog  signing off for now. 👋