Run, A story of leaf noises, a mediator and PLP

Hey guys! Today I’m back with another blog post. Today I’m talking about my PLP 9 Maker project for October and November about a short film called “Run!”.

Beginnings

We started this project right after our first project, the mini projects in our Alberta ( Our ghost town videos and a 1 minute long video at the Royal Tyrell Museum ). Our first task was a personality test to see which of the 16 personalities we were. A found out i’m a mediator! After that we created a short writing piece on how our personality would help or affect or learning.

We later joined into our groups, I was with ally and julia as selected by Ms. Maxwell. Our first task was to create a screenplay for the short film recreation, ( you can find the video here ). We finished the script as a group.

Pre Production

With the next two assignments we really went into pre-production as we finished our storyboards and our call sheets. We used keynote to create the storyboard as it was

Student Blogging Challenge: Week 5

Hey guys it’s Jude, once more! Today we will talk about music for this week of blogging.

So since this week we have to talk about music, I want to research my favourite band Kero Kero Bonito!

The Beginning

The band started with the producers and two best friend Gus Lobban & James Bulled. James and Gus gre up in London together and went to school together. When they were forming a band they were in search of a new member and posted many ads online including a Japanese forum known as MixB, they posted it on there due to their fascination with “Japanese Rap”. One of the first responds to the post was Sarah Midori Perry ( or her stage name, Sarah Bonito). They chose her because of her background n art and the fact she was Bilingual between Japanese and English. She didn’t have a career in sing, but she wanted to collaborate with Gus & Jamie so she tried it out!

The group released there debut mixtape “Intro Bonito” in August of 2014. The wrote a majority of the EP using a Casio SA-45 mini keyboard. One of the largest and most notable songs by KKB is Flamingo for how fun and silly it is.

Shortly after KKB announced there first North America tour and success followed with there 3 EP’s and 2 Albums.

Check out my personal favourite KKB Tracks:

https://youtu.be/9Qmwsg2pyEc

That it for this week!

Week 3: Pictures

Hey Guys! Welcome back! Today I’m going to about pictures and images!

Royalty Free Images: Most images are not free to use and are licensed and copy written as they usually from big companies. There is many resources though for royalty free images and copywrite free images. Here are some sources:

-Pixabay

-Photosforclass

-Creative Commons

Making Your Own image

There are many ways to create your own image, which is copyright free but one of my favourite is to draw! I use Tayasui Sketches Pro, but there are many iPad apps to use, Procreate, Autodesk SketchBook or even Notability. Here is my Drawing!

Task 3 and 4

For these tasks we had to find a royalty free image and either create a image prompt or a poem for the image. The image I found was on the website Pixabay.

Here is my prompt!

“What do you mean you can’t throw vinyl records?”

“Listen, I don’t know how the record got stuck to the roof, but I wanna listen to some tunes!”

Week 4: Free Choice

Hey guys! This week it’s free choice for our blog post, so I am going to talk about my current watchlist of movies I want to see! Let’s start off the list!

1. Marriage Story – short synopsis (from IMDb) Noah Baumbach’s incisive and compassionate look at a marriage breaking up and a family staying together. Thoughts– I am really looking forward to seeing to this movie on Netflix, it looks like the main actors, Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson are giving their best preformances in a while, and Noah Bumbauch is a interesting director.

2. The King –synopsis– (from IMDb) Hal, wayward prince and heir to the English throne, is crowned King Henry V after his tyrannical father dies. Now the young king must navigate palace politics, the war his father left behind, and the emotional strings of his past life. Thoughts- The cast alone blew me away with both Robert Pattinson and Timothée Chalamet and the synopsis/trailers so far have left me intrigued. I am skeptical of David Michôds directing but I’m interested to see what Joel Edgerton brings to the script.

3. Little Women (2019) –synopsis-(from IMDb) Four sisters come of age in America in the aftermath of the Civil War.Thoughts– I was a fan of Greta Gerwigs directorial debut, Lady Bird and would even say it was my movie of 2017. I am interested to see how she handles not only a remake, but a much large production as Lady Bird was distributed and produced by A24 while this is produced by Sony Pictures. As with the latter movie, love the cast, Timothée Chalamet, Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, etc…

4. Do The Right Thing (1989) –synopsis-(from IMDb) On the hottest day of the year on a street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, everyone’s hate and bigotry smolders and builds until it explodes into violence.Thoughts– I am excited to see this as it is supposedly Spike Lees directorial high, but it’s a well regard classic and this year is the 30th anniversary of the film!

5. Paddington 3 –synopsis Plot undisclosed. The third installment of the Paddington films.Thoughts– PADDINGTON 3 BAYBEEEE!!!

And well that’s it! Those are all the current films I want to see. So you guys next week!

How Does place impacts who we are?

In September of 2019 ( this year ), my PLP 9 class and I went on a trip to Alberta to answer the question, how does place impact who we are? In this blog post I will tell you the journey of the video we made to answer this question.

Part 1: The Lead up

The beginning of this project and the lead up to my trip was sped up since the trip started on the 15 of September only a couple week after school started. The beginning helped us look through social lenses. In this stage of the project we formed our groups, I was in the Albertans group! The other choice included ( but weren’t limited too) Business owners, Artists, tourist and more! My mission as apart of Albertans was to interview Albertans about culture and the impact of place.

Our assignment were: The launch of the project, a creative response about a place that impacted me (I created a poem of east van), looking through a humanitarian lense on a article about Alberta and oil and finally a pre-trip plan, which include a shot list, Question to interview to and even a script to tell you how to start a interview.

Part 2: The trip

We left for the trip on Saturday the 15th and off we went! Our first interview stop was the lake Louise hostel which was a couple days into the trip. Due to different people and me in my groups priorities we weren’t able to get the interview. So our actual first interview was at the Lake Minnewanka boat cruise in Banff which was great because he gave us answers that really helped us to know Banff. I also interviewed a gift store owner in Banff but it was only audio. One of my best questions was how do you think Albertan or ( your Albertan towns ) culture impacts you?

Our next interview stop was “the dinosaur stop” the world biggest dinosaur, in Drumheller Alberta alongside the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller as well. Due to scheduling and different issues with the group, we could get a interview at the Royal Tyrell Museum. But we were able to get a interview from the gift shop owner at The Worlds Biggest Dinosaur! The store owner was great interview as she had some great ideas and answers to our questions. I didn’t want that interview because it also was a audio interview.

Our final interview was at the Lake Louise gondola/ ranger program, where we our trail guide was a great interview as he shown the perspective of Alberta through not only a Albertan but also as a Albertan whose live revolves around the mountain.

Part 3: The Video

After the trip we were in full on video creation mode, and we worked. The first draft was due only a week after, so I wrote and VO ( Voice overed) a script and added my video interviews. The things I had to fix were:

– The Audio was way to low, as some of the interviewees held it wrong

– More Clips

I put these critiques into my final video which you can watch here:https://youtu.be/ZJZfw9kKH_w

I believe that throughout this project we kept getting different answers to our driving question: How does place impact who we are? And all of these different answers helped to form our final, video answer.

Gaming with a EXPONENTIAL amount of fun

The laws of exponents are one of the fundamentals skills of math. But how does it translate to a game? In September of this year (2019) I worked on a PLP 9 Scimatics project to answer that question.

Introduction and Milestone 1

The introduction to this project was simply, create a game with 2 – 5 dice and the games included exponents,  as it said on the rubric all of our games use logic and problem solving. 

This opening milestone was a good introduction for the project and w as fun. 

Laws of exponents and milestones 2 – 3:

Since this is a math project, we had to worksheets and in doing this we 

Since this is a math project we learned math. We learned all about the laws of exponents, using resources liking Textbook worksheet, guides and videos from math antics. We learned the laws of exponents..

Milestone 4 – 5, the game drafts

when we finished learning the concepts that we were going to use in our game we started writing out our rules for our games and the concepts. I worked with my lovely classmate Malaika  and we decided to center our game around diseases and exponents. The games make mechanic was that: You are on a disease level from 1 – 6 and you have to be cured as different dice rolls affect you.

I believe that this project has helped me learn about exponents and games in a fun  and creative way.