Gaming with a EXPONENTIAL amount of fun

The laws of exponents are one of the fundamentals skills of math. But how does it translate to a game? In September of this year (2019) I worked on a PLP 9 Scimatics project to answer that question.

Introduction and Milestone 1

The introduction to this project was simply, create a game with 2 – 5 dice and the games included exponents,  as it said on the rubric all of our games use logic and problem solving. 

This opening milestone was a good introduction for the project and w as fun. 

Laws of exponents and milestones 2 – 3:

Since this is a math project, we had to worksheets and in doing this we 

Since this is a math project we learned math. We learned all about the laws of exponents, using resources liking Textbook worksheet, guides and videos from math antics. We learned the laws of exponents..

Milestone 4 – 5, the game drafts

when we finished learning the concepts that we were going to use in our game we started writing out our rules for our games and the concepts. I worked with my lovely classmate Malaika  and we decided to center our game around diseases and exponents. The games make mechanic was that: You are on a disease level from 1 – 6 and you have to be cured as different dice rolls affect you.

I believe that this project has helped me learn about exponents and games in a fun  and creative way.